I.M.P.A.C.T.: THE MODERN-DAY TALENT LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT MODEL: A TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT TRAINING IN THE PHILIPPINES
BENEFICIARIES OF THIS PROGRAM:
This training program is best taken advantage of by:
- Newly-promoted training assistants and training specialists who need to learn how to design and develop not only training programs but other learning and development solutions as well.
- Rank-and-file employees who are targeting being a trainer as their career path in their companies or personnel that their managers have projected training and development as their career track based on their latent abilities.
- Seasoned training professionals and even independent consultants who want to learn the training cycle from a different perspective or simply know about other existing models other than ADDIE and SAM
- Even for non-training professionals (supervisors and managers) that want to know how to develop training programs and other talent development interventions for the organizations they work for.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES:
By the end of this crash course on the IMPACT™ Training Cycle, the participants are ought to:
- Master IMPACT™ by going thru the six different phases and understanding the concepts and the tools that come with each one of them;
- Apply IMPACT™ as a modern-day version of ADDIE in designing and developing talent development solutions that really bridge learning gaps and address employee and organizational concerns;
- Transform themselves from mere trainers to talent development solutions experts who acknowledge and appreciate that training is not the only solution to learning and development needs and that the most tailor-made intervention must be analyzed and designed.
- Value IMPACT™ as a talent development strategy that molds effective workforce and management whose efforts are aligned with both the business targets and their individual career goals.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR THE PARTICIPANTS?
- Whether it is training or some other talent development solutions, this process is a reliable, practical, and workable basis to address any performance gap or organizational need.
- Although ADDIE still works and is easy to remember, the IMPACT™ process offers a more fresh and unique perspective to talent development program design; not to mention that the word “IMPACT” is a common talent development jargon itself, which practitioners and wannabe practitioners can relate more to. In other words, IMPACT makes more sense than ADDIE mnemonic-wise.
- The process is very easy to remember and apply that even those newly-promoted training professionals or non-training individuals can effortlessly learn and put to practice themselves.
MODULE 1: TALENT DEVELOPMENT 101
- What is Talent Development?
- Benefits of Talent Development
- Myths about Talent Development
- Challenges of Talent Development
- Stakeholders of Talent Development
- Focuses of Talent Development
- Scope of Talent Development
- Domains of Talent Development
- Roles of Talent Development Professionals
- Duties and Responsibilities of Talent Development Practitioners
- Contemporary Adult Learning Principles
MODULE 2: IMPACT™ PHASE ONE: (I)NITIATE THE PARTNERSHIP
- Convergence of the key stakeholders and the talent development project team members
- Acquisition of client’s support of the need and of the requirement of a talent development consultant.
- Compliance with the client’s requirements
- Orientation and consensus of the talent development team
- Planning the talent development strategies
- Understanding and gaining agreement
- Talent Development Tools and Documentation
MODULE 3: IMPACT™ PHASE TWO: (M)AKE CERTAIN THE NEED AND CLIENT’S HYPOTHESIS
- Needs Assessment or Analysis 101
- Process for conducting needs assessment or analysis
- Levels of needs assessment or analysis (Macro and Micro levels)
- Needs Assessment or Analysis Methodologies or Strategies
- Do’s and Don’ts of Needs Assessment or Analysis
MODULE 4: IMPACT™ PHASE THREE: (P)ROPOSE THE TALENT DEVELOPMENT SOLUTION
- Reporting the Needs Assessment or Analysis Findings, Analysis, Interpretation, and Recommendation
- Solution Proposition and Approval Process
- Tips for Pitching the Recommended Solution to the Clients
MODULE 5: IMPACT™ PHASE FOUR: (A)SSEMBLE THE PROPOSED INTERVENTION
- Understanding the Learner and the Learning Process
- How to establish SMART talent development goals and objectives
- Formulating a Goals and Objectives-based Talent Development Plan (Ms of Planning)
- Identification and Consideration of Target Group’s Demographics, Knowledge and Skill Levels, Learning Styles, Communication Preferences, Cultural Diversity, and Multiple Intelligences
- Different Talent Development Solutions (Upside , Downside, and Tools)
- Training Design Methods, Techniques, and Activities (In case, Training is the Solution)
- Design of Materials and other Resources on the Basis of the Target Audience’s Diversity
MODULE 6: IMPACT™ PHASE FIVE: (C)ARRY OUT THE MUTUALLY-AGREED INTERVENTION
- Implementation Strategies Before, During and After the Proposed Solution or Intervention
- Implementation Monitoring, Feedback and Correction/Enhancement Mechanisms
- Tools and Documentation
MODULE 7: IMPACT™ PHASE SIX: (T)EST THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE INTERVENTION
- Types of Evaluation (Formative and Summative)
- Levels and Tools of Evaluation (Donald Kirkpatrick’s Four-Level Learning Evaluation Theory)
- Feedback, Response, or Reaction
- Transfer of Learning or Change in Behavior