ENTERTRAINMENT IS THE FUTURE OF CORPORATE TRAINING AND PUBLIC SPEAKING
The Art of Incorporating EnterTrainment in Corporate Training and Public Speaking
One of the most challenging professions or tasks, regardless of the industry one belongs to, is speaking with or training people be it offline or online.
Becoming effective, results-oriented that is, in making people learn the needed knowledge, skills, and attitude while making them value their learning experience at the same time is very tricky, demanding, and difficult.
It’s not enough that a trainer or speaker is very knowledgeable and skillful in what he trains people on or speaks about. If he/she fails to grab the audience’s attention, hold and sustain it, and make sure that they assimilate what they need to learn without boring them, learning is not retained permanently. Matter of fact, learning might be absorbed for a certain period but they don’t appreciate or cherish their learning experience.
Therefore, trainers and speakers must reinvent themselves by recognizing and applying that simply sharing what they know and instructing their trainees on how to do well what they’re supposed to know are just parts of the entire equation. They already need to master the art of injecting stand-up comedy and other creative and unique approaches to adding more value to and enhancing the learning experience. Some people call it ‘Edutainment’ in the academe. However, at least within the domain of corporate training and public resource speaking, let’s call it ‘EnterTrainment’.
EnterTrainment is the future of corporate training and public speaking. No matter how good a speaker/trainer is in communication skills and regardless how credible or reputable they are in their expert topics, what really makes learning permanent is how educating, equipping, encouraging, engaging, entertaining, empowering, exemplifying, and escorting to success the learning experience is.
This Corporate EnterTrainment shares with the beneficiaries how to inject humor and literal entertainment, thus EnterTrainment, into one’s design, development, and implementation of a training or resource speaking program.
By the end of this learning experience, the beneficiaries should have been able to:
- Leverage the benefits of EnterTrainment in building rapport with the audience, gaining their respect, trust, and admiration, and training them or speaking with them about their needed knowledge, skills, and attitude through humor and trainer/speaker-audience/trainees chemistry.
- Realize and appreciate that EnterTrainment is the future of corporate training and public speaking as it provides a learning experience where the audience/trainees learn a lot while having so much fun at the same time.
- Vary one’s training or speaking approaches through the art of EnterTrainment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS LEARNING EXPERIENCE?
This learning experience is best taken advantage of by professionals who are in training people or facilitating a class, doing motivational, inspirational, and resource speaking, and even in facilitating team or team culture building programs particularly the following people:
- Internal corporate trainers and managers who belong to the Learning and Development (L & D) division/department
- Internal corporate motivational, inspirational, and resource speakers who belong to the organization’s pool of expert facilitators
- Freelancing or independent corporate trainers, learning and development consultants, and motivational, inspirational, or resource public speakers
- Any other employee, both rank-and-file and managerial (sales, marketing, etc.), who presents to people
MODULE 1: ENTERTRAINMENT 101
- Combining learning and enjoying
- What makes people learn?
- What makes people enjoy learning?
- Upside to EnterTrainment
- Waterloo of EnterTrainment
MODULE 2: PREPARATION: THE CRUCIAL ASPECT OF ENTERTRAINMENT
- Understand the audience’s learning outcomes
- Trainee/Audience Profiling
- Research the company or organization
- Putting oneself in trainees/audience’s shoes
MODULE 3: STAND-UP COMEDY: INFUSING HUMOR IN ENTERTRAINMENT
- How to Inject Humor though Stand-up Comedy to Enhance One’s Speaking/Training Competencies
- Coming up with Punch Lines from Various Sources
- Current Affairs (Politics, Show Business, General News, etc.)
- Internet Research (Jokes, etc.)
- Using Creativity to Discuss Topics through Cracking Jokes
- Coming up with Punch Lines from Various Sources
MODULE 4: ENGAGING AND ENTERTAINING AUDIENCE THROUGH LITERAL ENTERTAINMENT
- Singing and Making People Sing
- Dancing and Making People Dance
- Performing Magic Tricks
- Rapping and Rap Freestyling
- Using Musical Instruments
- Acting Out/Simulating Scenarios in a Comedic Way
- Using Props to Enhance Speech/Training Style/Presentation
MODULE 5: ENSURING SUCCESS OF ENTERTRAINMENT
- It’s not about you. It’s about your audience/trainees.
- Speak their language and not yours.
- Take it from their perspectives and not yours.
- You’re speaking and training. They’re watching, listening, experiencing, and learning.
LEARNING FACILITATION METHODOLOGIES
- Interactive Discussions
- Immediate Application Exercises/Activities
- EnterTrainment at its best!