WATCH OUT!: A WRITTEN ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TRAINING IN THE PHILIPPINES
A Corporate EnterTrainment on Email and Business Letter Grammar
To correct, improve, and professionalize employee participants’ written grammar concerning the following:
- Data Entry and Processing
- Forms Processing
- Report Writing
- Email Sending
- To recognize and appreciate the importance of correct and understandable grammar, punctuation and spelling on written communications;
- To know by heart the common Filipinisms/Filipinoisms that should not be used when composing emails and writing reports;
- To be familiar with the most commonly-misspelled words by Filipinos;
- To recall the most important grammar and punctuation rules that Filipinos commonly make mistakes with;
- To always critique documentations and correspondences before sending them.
Why is a Well-written and Grammatical Email Important?
A funny video about the importance of good grammar in communication will be shown.
Filipinisms or Filipinoisms
Most Common Filipino Expressions that Shouldn’t Be Used on Emails and Reports
Most Commonly-Misspelled Words in English
Most Commonly-Misused or Interchanged Words in English
Punctuation Rules in English
Correct Usage of the:
- Exclamation Point
Email Grammar Rules
Most Common Errors in:
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Verb Tenses
- Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement
- Word Usage
Knowing the Most Commonly-Used Phrasal Verbs on Emails
Participants will critique a set of poorly-composed emails and reports.