ENGLISH IMPROVEMENT FOR CONFIDENCE ENHANCEMENT: A TELEPHONE CONVERSATION TRAINING IN THE PHILIPPINES
A Corporate EnterTrainment on Spoken English and Telephone Conversation Proficiency
To facilitate an interactive, application-based, performance improvement-centered, and fun learning intervention that corrects and improves employees’ spoken English and telephone conversation skills and boosts their confidence for a more professional and effective execution of their job description as telephone operators with current and potential clients and business partners over the phone.
At the end of this program, the participants should have been able to:
- Express themselves in English to inbound calling current customers, potential customers, misdirects, suppliers, partners, etc. fluently, intelligently, and comfortably when speaking in such language is either necessary or mandatory;
- Ascertain incoming callers’ needs through effective probing in order to transfer them to the correct department that will assist them further;
- Develop their confidence and upgrade their telephone skills in order to function not just a telephone operator but the company’s brand ambassador at the front lines as well
For the terminal objectives to be attained, the participants are expected to:
- Communicate over the phone starting at the “Conscious Competence” level quickly working thru the “Unconscious Competence” stage over time with constant practice by initiating to master the following foundations of spoken English communication:
- Improve their probing skills by asking the right questions the right way and paraphrasing information,
- Develop their personality with more comfort and ease speaking the English language and handling inbound calls with positive results.
- Neutral Vowel Sound Production just focusing on the commonly incorrectly-produced sounds like the Italian A, American A, Short E, Long E, Short I, Circumflex O, Long O, Short U, Long U, Schwa and Slur
- Neutral Consonant Sound Production just focusing on the common errors or sound interchanges like T vs Unvoiced Th, D vs Voiced Th, B vs V, and P vs F
- Syllable Stresses just focusing on the commonly-mispronounced words because of wrong accent or syllable stress
- Commonly-mispronounced English Words by Filipinos
- Subject-Verb Agreement Rules just focusing on common errors of Filipinos
- Verb Tenses and Patterns just focusing on Simple Present, Present Perfect, Present Continuous, Simple Past, Past Perfect, Past Continuous, and Simple Future
- Prepositions Usage just focusing on the correct usage of the major prepositions In, On, and At
- Removing Speech Fillers like Uhm, Uh, Eh, etc.
- Fixing Stuttering or Stammering
- Asking the Right Questions the Right Way
Enhancing Phone Spiels
- The HOT Method of Opening a Call Impressively (High-Impact Opening Technique)
- Closing the Call with Impact (Leaving a Great First Impression)
NOTE TO CLIENT:
This is just the outline of topics and their time estimates that will be covered during this one-day program. For a detailed training agenda/time-table, a training needs confirmation analysis must be arranged to customize it further.